NCBW Mission Statement
The National Congress of Black Women, Inc. (NCBW) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to the educational, political and cultural development of African American women and youth. Currently, NCBW trains women for leadership and decision-making positions in government, nonprofit organizations and the private sector.
It is our mission:
- To develop and advocate public policy positions at every level of government that impact Black women, their families and communities.
- To encourage Black women to seek elective and appointive offices at all levels of government.
- To encourage Black women to engage in political education, voter registration, forums and seminars.
- To engage in research on critical issues uniquely affecting the quality of life of Black women, their families and communities.
- To educate youth on the responsibilities of good citizenship and the importance of engaging the political process.
- To provide opportunities for internships and other learning experiences at the local, state, national and global levels.