The National Congress of Black Women, Inc. (NCBW) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose purpose is to:
- Serve as a member unit of national non-partisan, independent, political organization to provide for participation of African American women in the political process.
- Encourage African American women to engage in political activities beginning with registering to vote.
- Confront forces in the cultural, economic and community environment that threaten the physical, mental and moral well-being of African American youth, especially those most at risk.
- Develop and encourage African American women to run for office at all levels.
- Develop and advocate public policy positions, which advance the political, social, educational and economic interests of African American women, their families and communities.
- Encourage the appointment of African American women at all levels of government and political parties.
- Empower African American women to act as role models for the next generation of leaders.